The last time I did this look was in February of 2010, just over 2 years ago. It was our engagement party so I wanted to do something smokey and sexy!
I don't have an original post of the look, I only had a video but since we don't have that either, check out the "then" photo below to see my original version.
Marriage looks good on me now, yes? ;)
PS - my camera decided to NOT record the end so it only filmed the eye tutorial portion. That's the most important part but it still suuuuuuucks!!!! I want to apologize in advance for the suck. :( So sad face.
Aside from the obvious lighting and camera issues the first time around, what I changed and did differently was:
EVERYTHING!!! Ok more specifically, I changed all of the face products except for Dame blush, which I kept, I used MUG eye shadows this time around, changed the false eyelashes and the lipstick. The foundation I used this time around didn't oxidize on my face and make me look 4x darker than I am - hooray! Everything is blended so much better; not just on my eyes but on my face, too. I am much better at putting makeup on myself than I used to be!
- Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation
- Per-fekt Skin Perfection Gel in Luminous
- Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (blemishes)
- Tarte Park Ave Princess Bronzer
- MAC Dame & Well Dressed Blush (mixed) - a cheap alternative dupe for Dame is Ulta eyeshadow in Love
- MAC Cream Color Base in Luna
- Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Illuminating Powder
- MAC Fix+ Spray (always! lol)
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
- Makeup Geek e/s in Corrupt
- Makeup Geek e/s in Vanilla Bean
- Makeup Geek e/s in Ice Queen
- MAC e/s in Love Lace - a cheap alternative dupe is Ulta eyeshadow in Bayou
- MAC e/s in Suave Intentions
- MAC Brun for brows
- Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner
- Eyelure Lashes #202
- Clinique Gel Liner in True Black
- Avon Super Shock Mascara
- Sephora Miel Lipliner (to cancel out my own lips; this allows the true color of the lipstick to show)
- MAC Subculture Lipliner
- MAC High Tea Lipstick
- MAC Icescape Lipglass
Every single day, you are better than you were the day before. Continue to keep doing what you love and being the best at what you do!
Have a beautiful day!