Better late than never, right!? Hahaha! I didn't get a chance to film a video review because of the move but I promise I'll have one for next month's glam bag! :D And I'm sorry this is so incredibly late!! If you follow my blog, you know that we just moved back to Los Angeles so I'm totally off my blogging and filming schedule with videos. I'll be back soon! Now let's get to it...
May's MyGlam Bag focus was all about L.O.V.E. - Love! We got some fun, cool stuff and I'm really happy with this month's bag. Hooray!! The bag design is totally retro and reminds me of the 80's, I freakin love it!! I'm a child of the 80's, what can I say? Hahaha! Let's see what was in this month's bag:
|May MyGlam Bag - I love the design!|
Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick in Enchanting FULL Size! (Retail $15.00US): This is a really dupable shade. I like that you can wear it sheer (like the top swatch) or layer it for a full coverage look (bottom swatch). It's very creamy, easy to apply, moisturizing and doesn't have any distinguishable odor. This lipstick is very long wearing too! Shamefully, I fell asleep with this on because I was still testing it. I put it on after my shower and a few hours later went to bed. LOL It's so lightweight that I totally forgot I had it on!! Yes, it got on my pillow but it was still on my lips in the morning. I'd be interested in trying this in some other shades for sure because this color comes off very brown on me and is not suitable for my NC20 skin tone at all. I think this color would be better suited for medium deep - darker skin tones.
|Right Hand, the day after applying decals. This hand faired a little better.|
|Left Hand, the day after applying decals. The tips had to be trimmed because they were lifting/peeling off within 10 - 12 hours.|
I have a few complaints with the overall design of these:
- The heart design is in the middle of the applique so if you have a short nail bed, you're going to have to cut the decal so that the heart is centered on your nail, otherwise, these just won't work. That's a lot of time and tedious work to have to do for a "quick and easy" nail polish replacement IMHO. I didn't do that!
- Also, I found that you had to be careful when pulling these off the paper because the ends would roll and there was no unfolding or unrolling it and you'd have to use the other end of the strip I learned this the hard way. Oopsie!
- I wanted to place the hearts so they were facing me and not upside down, I think they look cuter that way. But again, the placement of the decal almost makes you have to put it the other way with the heart upside down. Meh.
- The decal sizes themselves are on the smaller size so I don't think these will work for most everybody unfortunately.
- I applied these a few hours before bed. When I woke up and started my day, the ends were starting to peel up so I just trimmed them off. Over the course of the day, this translated to lint/everything sticking to the tips from digging in my purse, pockets, etc. I think these might be best suited for a couple accent nails, not all 10 nails.
|Concealer Brush - side view|
|Defining Eyeliner Brush|
|Defining Eyeliner Brush - side view|
MyGlam Concealer Brush & Defining Eyeliner Brush (available at MyGlam Pop Up Shop on Facebook Soon. FYI - the crease brush and case is available now.): These two brushes complete the MyGlam brush set. They're pretty universal and can be used for many other purposes such as a lip brush, to apply cream shadows and other products to the eye, primers, detail work, spot concealing, tattoo covering, etc. These are pretty standard and there isn't anything overly special about them. I'm happy to add them to my collection!
Are you a subscriber to MyGlam Bag? Were you happy with this month's bag? What did you get!?
Check back next month to see what's in store for June's MyGlam Bag!
Have a beautiful day!