I call this a travel set in my review but that is incorrect! My apologies. I had "travel" on my brain because I bought this specifically for my personal use when traveling.
This is a great 11 piece brush set. There are a few brushes that are redundant but it's good to have two of your favorite brush so you have flexibility when doing your makeup. What's missing here for me is a stiff dome brush (like the MAC 217) and maybe a flat shader brush.
The case is sturdy and water resistent and with all the brushes inside, is very lightweight! There is also enough room inside if you wanted to supplement with some of your own brushes.
The brushes are anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon, can be used with cream or powder, wet or dry and are vegan friendly. All brushes retail for $3.00US if bought individually.
The set retails for $30.00US
The set retails for $30.00US
Let's take a closer look:
|MAC nail polish bottle next to the case for size comparison|
|Inside case: the bigger brushes include brush guards|
|The smaller brushes were wrapped in plastic but the brush heads were exposed b/c the plastic seam came undone. It would have made more sense had they turned the brushes around so the plastic seem wasn't exposed and wouldn't risk coming loose.|
|All brushes unpacked|
I especially like to use this brush to apply bronzer. The shape allows for perfect placement under the cheek bones and the soft bristles allow for great blending!
- Creates an even and natural finish
- Expertly sweeps all types of powders across the entire face and sculpts features beautifully
- Use with pressed, loose, or translucent powders, blush or bronzer
This is another great brush for applying bronzer! It's also really great for applying highlighter to the cheekbones, collarbone area and shoulders.
- Unique fan shape blends away makeup mistakes
- Dusts, wipes, and contours powders
- Use to create soft color over the cheeks, to apply a touch of loose powder to cover shine, or as a blending aid
This is a pretty straight forward concealer brush. I like the rounded tip because it can be used as a lip brush as well. ;)
- Creates even and full coverage
- Applies and blends concealer smoothly and evenly to eyes, face, and blemishes
- Use with any cream products, including concealer, foundation, primer, eye cream, or cream shadow
|Small Smudge Brush|
This is a great little brush! I don't have anything like this. Read: I have nothing this teeny tiny. You can do great detail work with this brush and get great precision blending with it.
- Creates detailed pin-pointed color application
- Great for blending in eyeliner and shadow to create a smokey eye look or to fill in brows
- Use to apply powder to line eyes or create concentrated color definition
|Angled Foundation Brush|
- Creates flawless coverage
- The angled shape allows you to apply product with precision in hard-to-reach places
- The brush applies foundation and other liquid products evenly across the face and within the creases of your features
- Creates a professional sculpted look
- Full coverage color
- Use for powder or blush for perfect contouring
|Small Angled Brush|
- Creates precise color application
- Creates even, thin and straight lines every time
- Use to apply lip color, eyebrow color, or to line eyes
|Small Precision Brush|
- Creates thin lines and precise coverage
- Applies color evenly for small targeted areas.
- Use to apply concealer, smooth on lip color, or line eyes
|Eyeshadow "C" Brush|
- Creates the perfect smokey eye
- The medium size brush gives more control for more specific blending needs
- Use with any powder eyeshadow product for color blending
- Creates a defined and sculpted look
- The tailored design allows for easy maneuvering and precise color application
- Use to apply blush or bronzer
I like having brushes like these. I call them "bullet" brushes. :) These are great for smudging and for placing the perfect "V".
- The domed bristles pick up a lot of color and deposit it onto the eyelid for extra definition
- Adds depth close to the lash line and in the corner of the eye
- Use to sweep colors along the lash lines for concentrated color
To purchase this set, you can visit the e.l.f. website.
Do you have any of these Studio line brushes? What do you think of them?
Have a beautiful day!